This is looking down the street from our second floor apartment and now the streets are snow covered and there is no side walk showing anywhere.
It has been a good day to stay in and sew.
I do not have my Bernina back yet so I can't quilt. I decided it would be a good day to work on the blocks that the kids at quilt Camp made this summer. They "made fabric" sewing strips on 6 inch squares of phone book paper. The squares were trimmed to 5 inches and 2 1/2 inch strip were added to 2 sides.
Some of the blocks were done well with no problems but there were a lot of issues. There were very narrow or very tiny pieces at the edges and in the corners that would have been lost completely in the seam, there were nonexistent seams in some places that revealed themselves after the paper was removed, there were some places that had several layers of fabric at the edges because the fabric wasn't trimmed away before it was covered with a new strip. All of the blocks had to be trimmed down a little because there were
I did some repairs taking off the 2 1/2 inch strips and fixing them and I whacked off some corners and edges and sewed on new strips. I tried to find scraps that were the same as what I whacked off so the quilt would reflect the choices of the Quilt Campers. This quilt will be auctioned at the Youth Group Dinner Theater event this spring at our church. It is a fundraiser that helps with the cost of the mission trips the youth group is involved in.
There are not enough blocks to make the size quilt we want and time is running out. We will have to do some creative thinking, or more likely, creative sewing.