Friday, March 14, 2014

Not much going on

It has been a while since my last post and I have not been doing a whole lot to talk about. I don't want to worry my friends so I will share a few not so exciting things.




Well, one thing is kind of exciting. One of the boys from last summer's Quilt Camp came to our meeting on Saturday for help binding his quilt. He opted to have his quilt quilted on a long arm so he didn't get it finished before this. We always have a boy or two come to quilt camp and they are almost always focused and have good organization skills. It is always fun when the QC participants come back for help with something.




 
 




Here are a couple of shots of the quilting on the Falling Charms quilt that was started last summer at Quilt Camp. It is looking pretty good with the variegated multicolor thread and some ditch quilting with thread to match the Kona bone.  I will have to do some quilting in the "charms" which are really squares of "made fabric"; they are not going to lay flat if I don't.









I sewed two of my made fabric pieces together to make one piece(the bright one on the left) and I found 2 more pieces that I started from light background type fabric. The two light pieces on the right are not together yet but they will be. From the bright one on the left, I plan to cut one 6 1/2 inch square for the center of an Anvil block and five  4 inch squares to make 10 HST's. I have nothing planned for the light made fabric but I will probably use it next month when I do a talk for my quilt guild about made fabric.

No comments: