Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sometimes you just have to sew something

I have been working in my sewing room since Monday, consolidating, purging and organizing. When you realize that there are 3 boxes with pretty much the same items, it necessitates taking all 3 boxes off the shelf and emptying the contents in order to get them organized in one place. That means while I sort through all of it everything gets chaotic.
 Sometimes in the middle of chaos you come across something that insists on giving you a break from all the madness around you.
You clear a tiny little workspace
 And sew something

As I was sorting through odd blocks and odd parts I came across this. It was in pieces and only partly finished because it was a demo for three piece triangle units. It was either throw it away or put it together. It is only one 8 inch block and there is nothing to go with it so I am not compelled to do any more. If I put it in the odd block box and never do anything with it again, it will still  have served a purpose. I took a break from chaos and it gave me a sense of accomplishment. It is no big accomplishment but it is up on my wall to look at, it is cheerful and it might be inspiration. Who knows?


kathyf said...

what a pretty block.

krpainter said...

That's a striking block! Good for you on organizing...not an easy task, sometimes!