Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Little Sewing etc.

I  did a little sewing today, the key word here is little. I finally got round to piecing the back for the Diva MEH challenge.  I should say I started it; I sewed 2 short seams before we took off on another shopping trip. I had to piece a 20 inch wide strip of the big dot fabric that will
 go down the center with  4 inch strips  of the zigzag on each side. If I had purchased 6 1/2 yards of the dots instead of whatever it was that I did purchase, I would have been able to get by with one long seam. I don't remember my logic if there was any logic for buying that amount but it will be OK. Quilts usually turns out to be more interesting when I run short and have to improvise.

I didn't get any further today because Mr Spontaneous was ready to go and shop for another 4 foot Lifetime table. We didn't find it so I will have to order it to pick up at the store. I am finding that out here everything is far away. When we decide to shop for something it is not a few blocks away as it was in our apartment. We have lived a short distance from everything for the past 40 years and this is a big change. Walmart is close and Walgreen's and Rite Aid and Giant Eagle are close. The Mall and Joann's and the quilt shops are no longer 10 to 20 minutes away. I will have to plan my shopping trips a little better and that is probably a good thing.


I

No comments: