Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kitty Quilts

Kitty likes to sit on my lap in the evening and she likes to sit on my sewing chair when I am at the desk. At any time of day or night she likes to curl up on the sewing chair or on the couch. I put a folded quilt on the couch for her and I put a quilt on my lap when she sits on my lap. She seems to prefer the quilts to the fleece throw that I have folded on a foot stool.

So........ I made a small quilt today for the sewing chair. I found and old cheater panel and layered it up and did some quilting around the cat and flowers and border, just enough to hold the layers together. I used Bernina #4 serpentine stitch close to the edge and trimmed it leaving the batting exposed. If it doesn't hold up after washing I will stitch over the edge again.




I considered piecing 2 smallish quilts one for the couch and one for my lap when she sits there, something that can be more easily washed. Instead, I am going to cut up the quilt that is on the couch and make smaller ones.  It is an old quilt  that has seen a lot of use and it has worn places. It is one that I made from block swap blocks and while I have always liked, it it holds no sentimental value. It is still  colorful and kitty seems to like it so I think that it is a good use for it.







I picked her up to put her quilt on the chair and here she is, thinking it over. I thought maybe she would be unhappy with being disturbed but she seemed to accept it OK. She used to be a cranky cat but in her old age (almost 14) she is really sweet.













I think she likes it. 


1 comment:

kathyf said...

Such a lucky kitty to have a Ruth Paul quilt to rest her tusshy on.